Money Back Policy
When does Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee apply?
You’re covered under Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee when:
- Only after a Stripe claim has been filed and reviewed
- You don’t receive an item
- You receive an item that doesn’t match the listing
- You receive an item that’s broken or faulty
Our sellers normally work with buyers to quickly resolve any issues, but if you can’t agree on a solution, you can ask us to step in and help. In most cases, you’ll be covered by Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee.
What happens if the seller doesn’t respond or won’t give me a refund?
Under Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee, the seller has 3 business days to resolve your issue. If you can’t come to an agreement, you can ask Stripe to step in and help. As an appeal process after a Stripe claim, buyers can come to Shop H2O Money back Guarantee. We’ll review the details of your case and make a decision within 48 hours.
If I refund a buyer, will I get a credit for my final value fee?
In most cases, if you issue a full refund to the buyer before we’re asked to step in, we’ll credit your final value fee. Insertion fees and other Shop H2O fees aren’t refunded, though. You can find more information in our policy below.
Read our full policy
About Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee
Most Shop H2O sales go smoothly, but if there’s a problem with a purchase, the Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee ensures that buyers receive the item they ordered or get their money back.
Buyers can use the Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee when:
- After a Stripe claim has been filed and concluded
- They don’t receive an item
- They receive an item that doesn’t match the listing
Most sellers work with buyers to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn’t reached, we can help.
Most transactions on Shop H2O.com are covered by the Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee.
Purchases are covered by the Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee when all of the following are true:
- An item isn’t received or it isn’t as described in the listing
- A buyer reports that they didn’t receive an item or requests a return within 30 days
- The buyer made the purchase on Shop-h2o.net via checkout or an Shop H2O invoice with one of the following payment methods:
- Credit card or debit card
- Shop H2O gift cards, Shop H2O bucks and Shop H2O vouchers
- The item was paid for in a single payment
- If the listing was a live auction by an auction house seller and paid by any payment method, the purchase is covered as long as the buyer provides a copy of the seller invoice and proof of payment.
- Items collected in person are covered, provided all other requirements are met
- Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
- Items damaged during local pickup
- Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
- Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
- Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
- Items shipped to another address after original delivery
Sellers are subject to this policy even if the transaction was completed on another Shop H2O site.
When a buyer doesn’t receive an item
If a buyer doesn’t receive an item, the buyer needs to submit a request to Stripe to report that the item hasn’t arrived. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and provide tracking information, updates on the delivery of the item, or a refund.
If the buyer isn’t happy with the Stripe’s response or doesn’t receive a response, the buyer can ask Shop H2O to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of a successful on-time delivery to the buyer’s address (as displayed on the ‘Order details’ page) or proof of collection by the buyer.
Information required to prove a successful on-time delivery is all of the following:
- The tracking number provided by the shipping company uploaded to the site by the seller before the estimated delivery date;
- A delivery status of “delivered” (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered);
- The date of delivery;
- The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or zip code (or international equivalent) that matches the address displayed on the Order detailspage; and
- Signature confirmation, if an item has a total cost of $750 or more.
If we determine that the item wasn’t successfully delivered or collected, a refund of the full cost of the item and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or to the buyer’s Stripe account. The seller is required to reimburse Shop H2O for the amount of the refund.
Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee.
- The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping
- The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box
- The item arrived COD because it didn’t have enough postage on it
The buyer is responsible for paying any customs and duty fees for international shipping.
When a buyer wants to return an item or the item doesn’t match the listing
If a buyer wants to return an item within a seller’s return window or they received an item that doesn’t match the listing, the buyer needs to submit a request to return the item. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, or offering a replacement or refund. In some cases, we may automatically accept a return request on the seller’s behalf.
If dissatisfied with the seller’s solution, the buyer can ask Shop H2O to step in and help. If asked to step in and help, we may ask the buyer to return the item to the seller if:
- We can’t determine that the item received matches the listing description, even if the seller doesn’t offer returns, or
- The seller’s stated return window and policy applies to the item, or
- The seller has already offered to accept a return of the item
When an item is returned to the seller
If a buyer is returning an item within the seller’s return window, the seller’s return policy will indicate who pays for the return shipping label. The cost of return shipping for an item that is not as described is the seller’s responsibility and, in cases where an Shop H2O-generated return shipping label is used for the return, the return shipping label cost will be added to the seller’s invoice. You can find further details about reimbursements in our User Agreement.
When a return postage label is made available to the buyer and/or the buyer chooses to purchase a separate label, the buyer won’t be refunded by Shop H2O for the cost of the label.
Tracking is required to confirm the item has been returned to the seller. Signature confirmation is required for items returned with a total cost of $750 or more. If a seller chooses to offer the buyer an untracked return label and Shop H2O is asked to step in and help, the buyer will not be required to provide proof of delivery or signature confirmation.
- Buyers may be liable for any loss in value of the item if this loss in value is attributed to a handling which is not necessary for the purpose of checking the quality, characteristics and functioning of the item. Some sellers may deduct the amount of loss from the amount refunded to the buyer if the item is returned after being used or damaged by the buyer
- The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing or at an address that does not result in a materially different return cost for the buyer
- The seller is required to refund a buyer upon receipt of a returned item.
After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, a refund of the cost of the item (less any loss in the item’s value, if the item is returned after it was used or damaged by the buyer) and original shipping is sent to the original payment method or the buyer’s Stripe account. If the buyer arranged shipping or picked up the item, we may not refund the amount of original shipping or pickup cost. The seller is required to reimburse Shop H2O for the amount of the refund.
If Shop H2O is asked to step in and help, the seller will no longer be able to issue a partial refund to the buyer, even if the item is returned used or damaged by the buyer.
When an item isn’t returned to the seller
In some instances, we may not require that an item be returned to the seller. In these situations, we refund the buyer and may seek reimbursement from the seller, for example if:
- The seller chooses not to accept a return request when they offered returns in the listing, or the return request was opened because the item was not as described
- The seller did not provide a return shipping label or funds for the buyer to return the item
- The item location was misrepresented
- It’s hazardous to ship back the item
- The item no longer has a value (for instance, a ticket for a cancelled event)
Alternatively, with the buyer’s consent, we may give a partial refund to cover differences between how the item was described in the listing and the actual item the buyer received. When given a partial refund, the buyer isn’t asked to return the item to the seller. We may require the seller to reimburse Shop H2O for the partial refund.
If a buyer reports that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we may not require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on Shop H2O or elsewhere.
Refunds to buyers
We refund buyers to their original payment method or their Stripe account. If a buyer doesn’t have a Stripe account, we ask the buyer to create one with their Shop H2O registered email address to claim their refund. In the unlikely event that we’re unable to send refunds to the original payment method or the buyer’s Stripe account, we may provide refunds by coupon or vouchers redeemable for future purchases on Shop H2O.
After a buyer reports that they didn’t receive an item or requests a return, or asks Shop H2O to step in and help, a seller’s funds may be set aside by Stripe, as outlined in the Stripe User Agreement.
If a transaction dispute arises between a buyer and seller and Shop H2O resolves such dispute in favor of the buyer, the seller authorizes Shop H2O to reverse the funds to reimburse the buyer, and if such funds are unavailable or insufficient, the seller agrees to reimburse Shop H2O for any amount Shop H2O refunds to the buyer.
For Stripe payments, the seller agrees to authorize Shop H2O to collect reimbursement from their Stripe account. The seller can opt-out of Stripe reimbursement by contacting Stripe.
If reimbursement is unsuccessful, the seller agrees to allow Shop H2O to charge their reimbursement or automatic payment method on file for amounts refunded to the buyer. Shop H2O may place the amount refunded to the buyer on their invoice subject to their automatic payment method. The seller will remain obligated to pay Shop H2O for all unpaid amounts and Shop H2O reserves the right to seek reimbursement through other means. You can find further details about reimbursements in our User Agreement.
If a seller issues a buyer a full refund before Shop H2O is asked to step in and help, we credit the seller’s final value fee. Insertion fees and other Shop H2O fees aren’t refunded.
Using other programs to address a concern
Buyers can’t use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee, Stripe Purchase Protection, or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use only that process to resolve the transaction issue.
If a buyer requests a chargeback from their payment provider or files a Stripe Purchase Protection dispute, any requests opened through Shop H2O for the same transaction are immediately closed.
- Buyers and sellers permit us to make final decisions about all cases, including appeals. We may provide buyers and sellers with access to each other’s names, usernames, contact information, and other information relating to a request
- The Shop H2O Money Back Guarantee is not a product warranty
- In some situations, we may open and decide on a request on behalf of the buyer. This includes situations in which a seller is suspended for fraudulent activity
- We reserve the right to fix any processing errors we discover by debiting or crediting the payment method used for the incorrect refund or reimbursement